fredag den 27. maj 2011

Day 40. Friday. weigh day #6 the end results.

So here it is, the big day. The final weigh in.

The goal was to loose 6 kilos of fat in six weeks (really 39 days) and end up with a six pack.
 
Our theory was simple:
As I began the training with a good amount of muscle mass and training experience our focus was stripping the fat and not building muscle mass (that would take much longer).
The goal was to have a calorie deficit of 1000 kcal a day so my body would burn off more than 158g fat as energy. We also new we needed at least 2g of protein per kilos body weight in order to avoid loss of muscle mass.

The method was pretty straight forward:
  • Eat 1800 kcal a day of which there must be minimum 160g protein (that accounts for 672 kcal) and preferably 500g vegetables.
  • Train 12 times a week spread over 6 days. 3 x heavy weight training, 3 x interval training and 6 hours of cardio with a pulse averaging 70-75% VO2 max.
  • 1 rest day a week
6 weeks on I've averaged an intake of 1736 kcal per day and stuck to my training schedule, with only one unplanned rest day.

On the 15th of April I weighed 82 kilos and had a fat % of 21.8 that is 17.9 kilos. 

I looked like this.


Today after only 39 days I weigh 75.3 kilos and have a fat % of 15 that is 11.3 kilos. WOW

That means that I have lost 6.6 kilos of pure fat that is 170g per day!!

And here is the picture....


That is pretty amazing if I do say so my self. 

I got the definition I was after, I lost more then 6 kilos and you can not deny that is a six pack. 

I am extremely happy, the results are way beyond my expectations. Not only 10% over the goal but the end result is excellent. 
Here is a picture of all the readings, you can see them all in the blog if you want to check the details.

 And here is a close up of todays results.



I'm going to take it easy this weekend, drink a couple of beers and enjoy my self. Then back to training on Monday, I'm going to stick to a softer version of the program to try and remain the weight I am now. I don't want to loose any more weight or even up my muscle mass. I'm going to update the blog in 6 weeks so you can see how I am holding out.

Thanks for reading.

Leon 


1 kommentar:

  1. Your story :)

    http://www.fortiusfitness.com/blog/how-much-cardio-to-lose-weight/

    SvarSlet