fredag den 6. maj 2011

Day 19. Weigh in #3, Protein fabrikken and a new weights program.

It's Friday and I'm half way.

I got some good stuff for you today. Of course the results of the weigh in and the weekly picture. But first.......

As I mentioned previously. I spoke to the nice people at Protein Fabrikken http://www.proteinfabrikken.dk if you want to check it out. They thought my 6 week 6 pack plan was a cool project and wanted to help me reach my goals. After talking to their experts they came good and sent me.....


Whey Isolate protein powder. It's really high quality protein powder that is practically carb free, has really low lactose content and tastes quite nice.


Creatine. This is my secret weapon. Creatine enhances muscle growth by (very basically) binding water in the muscle cells. It's going to give me more definition and more power. This is a 6 pack challenge so I do need to make my muscles bigger. The Danish recommended doses is 3g per day. So that is what I have to recommend, but I am going to take 10g per day for 2 weeks then 5g per day for the last week which is pretty much what they recommend in the rest of the world. Don't taste so great! There is a risk that this might slow my weight loss so we need to keep a close eye on my progress. If I feel that it effects my weight loss I'll drop it after a week.


The PF experts also sent me some daily vitamin tablets and some daily mineral tablets to make sure I get all the good stuff I need. Isn't that nice of them? 2 mineral tabs and 1 vitamin tab per day.
 

That is what I've got in my corner, let's see what happened today.

It's new program day with Patrick Boiken my personal trainer. We're still going to train the full body 3 times a week but we're going to change up the program to keep provoking growth and strength. 

The new program is......

Squats (same as before)
Incline dumbell press
Hamstring resistance exercise (I lie on my stomach, bend my legs up as Patrick sits on my back and pushes my legs towards the ground. I have to hold against.)
Corner twists (same as before)
Ring rotations aka skin the cat. Hang in the olympic rings  lift legs all the way over your head and then controlled back to starting position) This is an ab killer.
Walking lunges
Wide grip chin ups in the olympic rings.
Side lifts on the bench. To target the obliques.

We have planned from the start to increase the focusing on the abs during the next 3 weeks.

After all that I used the step machine for 25 min, rowed on the row machine high intensity for 6 min and then 30 min cycling.  1 hour and 1 min of cardio. 

The food:

30g Protein Fabrikken whey Isolate powder (111 kcal) about 28g protein

10g Protein Fabrikken creatine powder (39 kcal)

Breakfast (400 kcal) = 100g porridge oats and 100g skimmed milk. 17g protein.

After training 30g Protein Fabrikken whey Isolate powder (111 kcal) about 28g protein

Meal split into 2 (590 kcal) gives me  60g protein= 
100g Chic peas (365 kcal) + 20g protein
100g cucumber (12 kcal)
1 carrot (31 kcal)
1 small spring onion (5 kcal)
1 tomato (15 kcal)
140g tinned tuna (162 kcal) + 40g protein

Snack (65 kcal) = 1 apple

Meal (351 kcal) + 40g protein = 
1 chicken breast (160 kcal) 30g protein
87g carrot (35 kcal)
116g Broccoli (40 kcal) 3g protein
90 g Green peas (70 kcal) 5g protein
170 g courgette (34 kcal) 2g protein
30g onion (12 kcal)

Late night snack, as always, (80 kcal) + 8g protein
200g A38 (80 kcal) + 8 g protein 

Todays total: 1747 kcal 181g protein.  


To the results. 


On the 15th of April I weighed 82 kilos there of 21.8% fat which is 17.9 kilos.
After 1 week 80.7 kilos, 20.3% fat which is 16.4 kilos.
After 2 weeks 80 kilos, 18.4% fat which is 14.7 kilos of fat.
After 3 weeks 79.9 kilos, 17.8% fat which is 14.2 kilos of fat. So I've lost another 0.5 kilos of fat this week!! 200g of muscle growth and and holding a little extra water then last week.

This puts me on a total fat loss of 3.7 kilos in 3 weeks !!
The pictures aren't great but the difference is really starting to show. 


I'm happy because I'm ahead of schedule, but I need to make sure this isn't the start of the slow down. If I loose 0.5 kilos a week for the next 3 weeks I'll end on 5.2 kilos and that isn't good enough. 

Let's hope the new weights program gives me a boost, the creatine gives me extra power to train harder and my ankle gets better so I can run a bit more. 

Have a great weekend every body. Check the blog again tomorrow.   

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar